Observations on air pollution in the Tyumen region are carried out at the Roshydromet stations in Tyumen and Tobolsk.
In the first half of 2017, 0.04% of the samples have shown exceedances of air quality limit values in Tyumen:
- at the intersection of M. Toreza str. and Republic str.: suspended substances;
- at Lugovaya str.: nitrogen dioxide, phenol and suspended substances.
Exceedances air quality limit values have not been detected at Lunacharskogo str., Kotovskogo str. and Belinskogo str.
The increased level of air pollution is due to higher traffic load in these areas of the city.
Twenty-two cases of unfavorable meteorological conditions were recorded (in the same period of 2016 - twelve). Increased air pollution has not been detected under the unfavorable meteorological conditions.
The exposure gamma-radiation intensity in the Tyumen region did not exceed natural background values.
In the first half of 2017, as well as in the same period of 2016, no excess was detected in Tobolsk.
In the first half of 2017, exceedances of limit values were detected for following pollutants:
- in Pokrovskoye and Salairka villages, above and below Tyumen: petroleum products, phenol and nitrite nitrogen, ammonium nitrogen, manganese;
- in Ilinskoe village: petroleum products, phenol, nitrite nitrogen, ammonium nitrogen, manganese;
- in Abatskoe village, above and below Ishim city: petroleum products, phenol, ammonium nitrogen, manganese;
- in Ievlevo and Korkino villages, above and below Yalutorovsk city: petroleum products, phenol, nitrite nitrogen, ammonium nitrogen, manganese;
Thirty cases (in the first half of 2016 - twelve cases) of high water pollution by manganese were registered in the rivers Tura, Tobola and Pyshma. One case of high water pollution by nitrite nitrogen was registered in the river Vagay (in the same period of 2016 - not detected).
Thirteen cases (in the first half of 2016 - seven cases) of extremely high manganese contamination were registered in the rivers Uk, Vagay, Iska, Tavda, Tura and Tobol.
High and extremely high river water contamination is mainly due to natural factors.
One case of low dissolved oxygen was recorded in both rivers Tura and Pyshma (in the first half of 2016 - two cases in the Tura river).
Emergency situations with environmental consequences.Emergency situations of natural and man-made disasters with environmental consequences, as in the first half of 2016, have not been recorded.