Ambient air monitoring in the Tyumen region is performed at Rosgidromet stations in Tyumen and Tobolsk.
In Tyumen, pollutants exceeding maximum allowable concentration were detected in 0.07% of the samples in 2017:
- at the intersection of the M. Torez and Respubliki streets: suspended solids and soot;
- at the Lugovaya street: nitrogen dioxide, phenol, suspended solids and soot;
- at the Belinskogo street: phenol and suspended solids;
- at the intersection of the Irbitskaya and Kombinatskaya streets: phenol, formaldehyde and soot;
No pollutants exceeding maximum allowable concentration were detected at the Lunacharskogo and Kotovskogo streets.
The high concentration of pollutants in the air is due to the increased traffic pressure on these districts of the city.
41 cases of unfavorable meteorological conditions (UMC) were recorded (18 for the similar period of 2016). No cases of increased air pollution were recorded during the periods of UMC (1 case for the similar period of 2016).
The exposure dose rate of gamma radiation near Tyumen did not exceed natural background values.
In Tobolsk, there were no excesses registered in 2017 just as for the similar period of 2016.
In 2017, the following pollutants were detected in the concentration exceeding maximum allowable limits:
the Tura river:
- in the area of the Pokrovskoe and Salairka villages, above and below Tyumen: oil products, phenol, nitrite nitrogen, ammonia nitrogen and manganese;
the Ishim river:
- in the area of the Ilyinskoe and Abbatskoe villages: oil products, phenol, nitrite nitrogen, ammonia nitrogen and manganese;
- above and below the Ishima city: phenol, ammonia nitrogen and manganese;
the Tobol river:
- in the area of the Ievlevo and Korkino villages, above and below the Yalutorovsk city: oil products, phenol, nitrite nitrogen, ammonia nitrogen and manganese;
31 cases of high manganese pollution were detected in the water of the Tura, Tobol and Pyshma rivers (15 cases in 2016). 1 case of high manganese pollution was detected in the water of the Vagay (no such cases in 2016).
15 cases of extremely high manganese pollution (9 such cases in 2016) were detected in the Uk, Vagay, Iska, Tavda, Tura and Tobol.
High and extremely high pollution of the river water was mostly caused by natural factors.
1 case of low oxygen content in the water of both the Tura and Pyshma rivers (2 cases in the water of the Pyshma river in 2016).
Emergencies with environmental implications.There were no natural or man-made emergencies with environmental implications registered, just as in the 1st half of 2016.